Fathers & Families of San Joaquin (FFSJ) is a progressive, solutions orientated organization that works to address the varying needs of men, women, youth, their families and the community. By providing socially relevant and culturally-relevant services, FFSJ develops local leadership while unifying the efforts of existing groups. FFSJ addresses critical problems such as institutional inequity, fatherless homes, wide spread poverty, employment disparities, inadequate access to public health services, community re-entry and youth on youth violence. FFSJ describes a healthy community as follows:
- Safe, strong, united, and resourceful
- Treats individuals and families equitably and honestly
- Promotes positive family images and recognizes family strengths
- Creates opportunities for individuals and families to achieve health and wellness
- Involved in the positive development of the youth and families in the community
- Believes in equality
If you are interested in acquiring information regarding trainings, key-note presentations, or father mentoring seminars, please call our office at (209) 941-0701.